We are hiring!
The Communications Coordinator works an average of 15-20 hours/week to help Fremont First United Methodist Church accomplish our mission, to be ‘an inviting community, growing in faith, and serving our neighbors.’ The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for improving and maintaining clear and concise communications within the staff, the church, and between the church and broader community.
- Maintain a high level of spiritual maturity.
- Passion for the mission and vision of FFUMC.
- Previous demonstrated work experience and/or classes related to project management, copywriting, and problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to grasp current (and learn future) communication platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, equip, empower, and lead volunteers to use appropriate gifts in the fulfillment of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan long-term.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent self-motivation and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Send reminders to service leaders as appropriate
- Recruit, thank, equip, and train all regular volunteers and service leaders
- Any and all other worship logistics
- Correspondence between teams and committees
- Plan and oversee all external advertising and marketing campaigns
- Update and maintain website
- Maintain social media presence following current communications protocol (and updated according to industry best practices)
- Coordinate with local public media outlets as appropriate
- Manage church email
- Design and distribute newsletter
- Design and distribute Friday eNote
- Manage and grow social media platforms
- Design and print worship bulletin
- Create worship and pre-service slides
- Regularly update bulletin boards
- Special projects as appropriate based on relevant skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, email resume and two references to email@example.com by January 2, 2019.